Time for CHANGE:
CLASSIC AQUARIUS SHERO
“If a woman never lets herself go, how will she ever know how far she might have got?”
– GERMAIN GREER – Radical Feminist, thought leader, academic and author, notably the voice of the 1970’s consciousness-raising movement and the 2nd wave of feminism. Greer has both Sun and her rising/ascendant in the rebellious and intellectual sign of Aquarius.
Aquarius is the third and last of the air signs, therefore it’s function is intellectual and social at the broadest societal level. Aquarius is the smartest girl in class, the academic, the thought leader. She seems mis-fit by nature, radical or rebellious simply because she lives in a sci-fi future. An humanitarian at heart, the role of Aquarius is to keep things fresh and evolving at a societal level.
*image by Ed Purnomo for Fashion Journal Magazine, copy by me (image altered)
Combined with the planet of feels, Aquarius helps us find detachment from our feelings which can overwhelm and threaten to drown when on high tide.
When relating gets heated and your inner bouncer is ready to do anything it takes to protect your ego from change, get the jaws of life into that space between zero and Robert Nero, that point between whatever just triggered you, and that your ingrained, habitual response. Do you lash out, accuse, blame, or cut off, avoid, pass-ag? Inhabit the space Aquarius encourages. Step aside here, feel the cool breeze and exercise your right to talk it out calmly, and find that beautiful common ground or appreciation of another’s way or opinion.
- Draw on the power of someone you aspire to and ask ‘what would …..do and feel in this situation?’ It could be a religious figure, Nobel prize winner or even your Grandmama. Tap into that energy and feel it in the center of your body. Notice the shift you feel from this place. You just detached from the anxiety, worry, anger, etc that you were feeling and set some new tracks down in your neural network. The more you revisit this space, the more it will hold so you can operate from the detachment it provides.
- See the situation from a bird’s eye view literally, visualize yourself hovering up higher and higher, see the roof of your house, the suburb, the state, country, round Earth etc so you get some relief from the distance. Don’t forget to bring yourself ‘back to Earth’, or you’ll be a classic ‘space cadet’, lost in the nether reaches of your mind and concept, the shadow of Aquarius.
- Go for a walk and breath.
- Put yourself in the other persons shoes and feel it from there.
- Talk to them one to one If you notice you’re ruminating, going over conversations in your head, or talking about it to someone else in a non-constructive way, that’s a flag you need to talk to the person concerned or let it go.
- Go to ground Such a heady, intellectual sign needs grounding. Make sure you do something that puts you in touch with nature, the material world, and your senses. The quickest route to go to ground is by focussing your awareness on your bodily sensations. Start with one small body part and work your way around, or notice which part of your body is calling. Your body and senses exist in the present moment, so be here now.
In your chart
Your natal chart reveals the area of your life this New Moon falls, (Eg career, relationships, money mastery etc) and where these intentions are best placed.
Exercise your radical changeling tendencies here, socio Feminist politics or eco-tech savvy science agenda. You may express your inner scientist here or your hippie, communal spirit. You may be ahead in your eco-awareness here as well. Rechargables, power saving devices, sustainable energy – how can you eco-fit out this area of your life?
You’ll want space here to pursue your own interests and may have a great gut instinct on upcoming trends in this area of life. You may have so much space here that you feel like an alien. Go with it and find your people.
Watch for being a rebel without a cause, cutting off emotionally, being emotionally unavailable, feeling like an outsider, destabilizing.
Want to know what the cosmos has in store for you? Book in for your reading with me at https://astroallstarz.com/readings/
Manifesting on the Lunar Cycle
Plant the seeds of intention you want to sew, then water them with action. Write up to 10 intentions or affirmations to bring into your life over the next six months, by the Full Moon in AQUARIUS.
Take it a step further and draw or make a vision board for your plans, include a fruition date. Add potency by fuelling your vision with strong emotions, work in the positive rather than from a place of lack, fear etc. Feel and see your vision as if in the present. Feel gratitude for what you have now, as well as what you are inviting in. Seeds you sew in the mix will most likely germinate so make sure you cultivate exactly what you want.
Focus on areas and approaches that AQUARIUS rules, such as:
- High intellect
- Social change
- Social change
- New stimulating experiences
- New ideas
- Social ideals
New Moon Mantras & Intentions
- I easily create the change I need in my life
- I easily have and act on inspiring, new, genius ideas
- I easily express my genius in ways that others accept and support
- I easily give myself and others permission to fully express unique individuality
- I easily find innovative solutions to new and old problems
- I easily tie what is best for me, to what is best for the greater good
- I easily feel a sense of common and equal ground with everyone I meet
- I easily maintain freedom and the space I need, in my relationships
- I easily find myself open to other points of view while maintaining my own
- I easily find myself enjoying exciting experiences that revitalize me
Star Gazer Fact Checker:
Feb 5, 8:03 am AEST. New Moon 15 Aquarius
Helpful aspects: Conjunct Mercury 19 Aquarius
Sextile Jupiter 18 Sagittarius
Sextile Mars 23 Aries
Challenging aspects: Semi-square Venus 1 Capricorn
Semi-square Chiron 29 Pisces
You are loved, beloved